cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't reserve a phone?

v3
I'm a participant level 2

So I went to my account and clicked the yellow button linking me to the reservation system page. But under the phone selection it says "No active devices to reserve at this time". It' was like this yesterday and I tried again today seeing the same thing. 

This is my first time reserving a phone and I was hoping to reserve the galaxy s4. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or it's fido.... Anyone know what's wrong?

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Yes I know what's wrong.

The Fido reserve system is only used for phones that were announced but haven't yet made avaliable to public. The galaxy S4 is already released to public and you can order it right now through the main web site. Even if the galaxy is in backordered, it will not be avaliable in the reserve system.

The next phone on this system is proboly the iphone 5S/6, when it is annouanced.

v3

Oh that makes sense. But the clerk at a fido store I went to said I had to reserve it online if I wanted to buy the s4 now because it is still fairly new and stockings are tight. Does this mean I'll have to change carriers if I want to change my phone now?

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Here's my advice, if one store tells you they don't have stock, try another Fido store. perhaps one that is out of town? Another suggestion is to go to places like best buy mobile. where they have phones for multiple mobile carriers.

If you need one RIGHT NOW! perhaps ebay/craiglist is your way to go? just note that there might not be a warrenty for ebay/craiglist.

v3

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll just wait until they have them in stock in stores for now.