How do trade-ins work?

I'm a Participant Level 2 ramone
I'm a Participant Level 2

How do trade-ins work?

I have a Galaxy S5. Can I trade it in for an S7 for example? Or at least a discount trade for an s7 or even an S8 when it comes out? I received a text saying that I was eligible to trade for an S6, but I wasn't really interested in that..

Also, how DO I redeem my Fido Dollars? I tried every hyperlink on the website in my account... It seems impossible to redeem... And when do I have to redeem them by? Is it June 6,  2016 or june 6th, 2018? I was told two different answers...

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: How do trade-ins work?

@ramone you can get the info you need regarding the trade in here.

To redeem your Fido dollars you will need to get a Fido rep to assist you with it.

July 6, 2016 was to last day to redeem your Fido dollars if you were not on a contract but if you were on a term plan prior to April 6 2016 then you have until July 6 2018 to redeem it.

Full info here. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 16
Solution

@ramone you can get the info you need regarding the trade in here.

To redeem your Fido dollars you will need to get a Fido rep to assist you with it.

July 6, 2016 was to last day to redeem your Fido dollars if you were not on a contract but if you were on a term plan prior to April 6 2016 then you have until July 6 2018 to redeem it.

Full info here. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 16
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @ramone!

To add to what @KAPABLE-K said, you can check out our blog about FidoTRADE here.

Cheers! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 16

@FidoMaria the first line on my reply I did referred the blog for info on the trade-in Very_Happy

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 16
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

@KAPABLE-K My bad! Someone (me) clearly hasn't had enough coffee. 😛

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 16

@FidoMaria That's ok, I figured that was the case Wink

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 16
I'm a Participant Level 2 ramone
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thank You Maria.. I really appreciate it!!! You were so very helpful!! I sincerely appreciate it.. Luv ya... Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 16
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

I did a FidoTrade back in January 2017 and since then 2 billing cycles have passed and still no bill credit for my trade. Is there some way to check the status of my FidoTrade?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 16

@nick67 according to the trade-in details on Fido website the trade-in credit can only be used towards the purchase on a phone or accessories and must be used at the time of purchase in store.

So how come you are waiting for a bill credit? What were you told when you did your trade-in?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 16
I'm Qualified Level 3
I'm Qualified Level 3

If you use FidoTrade and you are an existing customer, you have to wait for a bill credit on one of your next two invoices. I wish they would apply the discount upfront, they do it for NEW customers, but for some reason, EXISTING customers have wait 2-3 months for a bill credit. To be honest Fido, it's annoying. Doesn't make sense why you do it for new customers but not for existing. See the following terms of FidoTrade for clarification:

"Offer subject to change without notice, not available at all locations. Value of trade-in device, if any, determined using a third-party tool provided by Clover Wireless; trade-in value is final and non-negotiable. Offer available to new and existing customers who purchase a new device from Fido and activate on a postpaid monthly plan. For new customers: Credit will be applied in-store to the value of the new device purchased. If new device price is lesser than credit amount, remaining credit must be used on concurrent purchase of accessories and/or another new device for the same account or credit will be lost. For existing customers: Credit will be applied to your account and will appear on one of your two next invoices. In each case, if you return your new device, your original trade-in device will not be returned to you and you will lose the value of the credit. Limit of 1 trade-in device per transaction. Trade-in device must be owned by customer in order to be eligible for the FidoTRADE program. Customer is responsible for deleting/backing up all personal data on the trade-in device, Fido and/or Clover Wireless is not responsible for any loss and recovery of personal data. Subject to the FidoTRADE Terms and Conditions; fido.ca/terms."

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 16