cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I access the internet with my Intertalk S089 device?

victorchl
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I took a internet translater to Canada. The model: Intertalk S089+. System: Android 5.1

I search a lot of similer question and try to config APN etc., but it's still not working.

Anyone can help me? Thank you!

Victor

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello again,

After doing a bit more research, I don't think that device will be able to access mobile internet. 

In China calling, texting support Mobile and China Unicom, Telecom is not supported; global roaming to any country or China Mobile and China Unicom to buy local card: 2G: GSM850 / GSM900 / DCS1800 / PCS1900 (universal), 3G: WCDMA850 / 2100MHZ ( universal) can call, send text messages; but the Internet and online translation: Please use Unicom 3G in China, in a foreign country with a 3G card: CDMA850 / 2100MHZ (universal); or WIFI online. ~ translated from here.

That device would have both of the the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G and only one of the compatible bands for 3G. So you should be able to use the device to call and send SMS.

If the translation (and information) is correct and a 3G card is required for mobile internet, unfortunately that device is not compatible because Fido/Rogers does not use CDMA. However, you should be able to connect to the internet with Wifi.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@victorchl wrote:

I took a internet translater to Canada. The model: Intertalk S089+. System: Android 5.1

I search a lot of similer question and try to config APN etc., but it's still not working.

Anyone can help me? Thank you!

Victor

Hello Victorchl,

Welcome to the community!

I am not familiar with that device. Does it use mobile internet or Wifi? If you're looking to use mobile internet, does it use a SIM? Do you know what bands or frequencies the device is capable of using? I tried to search online, however, I have not found any specifications for the device. The device would require compatible bands/frequencies in order to be able to access the internet. You can check the compatible bands/frequencies here

You can verify the correct APNs here

**edit** Did you get a SIM and data plan/pass for the device from Fido?**

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers