Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honor 8X Model no. JSN L42 not working

sachinarde
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi guys, 

Kindly let me know if anyone is using Honor 8X Phone of model number JSN L42. I am using the same but not able to access the voice calls. 

Data and messages are OK. 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sachinarde,

Welcome to the community!

Where did you purchase your phone? Are you aware of the bands/frequencies your phone uses? There seems to be conflicting information regarding that model version of the phone. According to GSMArena, these are the phone's band/frequency specifications:

2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)

According to those specifications, that phone has all of the bands/frequencies for 2G but only one compatible band/frequency for '3G'. With regards to LTE, that phone does not have any compatible bands or frequencies.

On the other hand, these are the specifications listed on SnapDeal:

GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
3G/WCDMA 2100/1900/850/900 MHz
CDMA No
4G/LTE 2600/2300 MHz

According to those specifications, that phone has all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G'. With regards to LTE, that phone may have one compatible band frequency.

However, on these are the specifications from the Honor website,

4G LTE FDD: B1/3/5/8

4G LTE TDD: B40/41

3G UMTS: B1/8

2G GSM: B3/8

According to those specifications, that phone doesn't have any compatible bands/frequencies. Admittedly, the Honor website does not specify to which version of the Honor 8X those specifications belong.

You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

I understand you noted that data and messages are OK. To which network was your phone connected for data? Are you able to use large amounts of data or only small amounts at a time? Are you unable to make/receive voice calls everywhere or only at certain locations?

Since it appears that most specification listings show the phone does not support the compatible LTE bands/frequencies, you might consider disabling LTE to see if that allows you to use your voice services. Have you verified your phone is using the proper APN? You can verify those settings here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers