cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed for a Blackberry Bold 9930 & Fido data

Dablow
I'm a participant level 3

Hello I recently purchased a Bold 9930 to use with Fido. The phone was originally branded Verizon. I put in a Rogers sim card and everything works properly (ie it's unlocked). However when I put in my Fido sim card, I can make calls, send/receive text messages no problem, however anything data related does not work. The account has a valid data plan (was using a Curve with Fido before trying to use it on the Bold). I tried calling Fido for help, however since the phone was not purchased from them they refused to help. I did some research, found the APN setting for Fido (internet.fido.ca fido fido) but no matter what I do, e-mails don't work, BBM do not work, and when I try to browse I get "Browsing over the cellular network is not included as part of your current service plan. To browse the web you must use Wi-Fi or contact your service provider to change your service plan." Anybody else experienced these issues before? Any ideas of what I can try? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

***Edited to add labels***

8 REPLIES 8

silentbuddha
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

If you have an non-Fido Blackberry
- you need to ensure that the PIN is not still registered with previous carrier/user.  you will need the previous user to
de-register the PIN first. Fido tech support will not de-register a PIN that does not belong to you.

- once done, register your device.  ( i assume at this point you may not have a data option and thus you will need to enable wifi to complete the registration of the handset PIN to you... if you still can't, i believe fido tech support can register the device for you and create a BIS account username & password .....CAN SOMEONE CLARIFY THIS POINT ) 

If you have a Fido blackberry that is brand new ( never been used by anyone previously )

- http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/How-to-setup-BIS-accounts/td-p/49729 ( read it thouroughly / i recommend page 2 )
- http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14380 ( read it thoroughly )

If you have a Fido blackberry that is not new ( been used by anyone previously )
- you need to ensure that the PIN is not still registered with previous carrier/user.  you will need the previous user to
de-register the PIN first.  Fido tech support will not de-register a PIN that does not belong to you.

- once done, register your device.  ( i assume at this point you may not have a data option and thus you will need to enable wifi to complete the registration of the handset PIN to you... if you still can't, i believe fido tech support can register the device for you and create a BIS account username & password .....CAN SOMEONE CLARIFY THIS POINT ) 

Manage your account( from your PC )
https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=fido
https://fido.blackberry.com/

Manage email account ( from handset )
- http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14380 ( read it thoroughly )

let us know Smiley

Hey Dablow and silentbuddha!

Thanks for the help silentbuddha!

Just to clarify the point you needed confirmation on, to register his device, the customer requires a data option. It will then be done automatically. Also, fido.blackberry.com is no longer available to new users, but the technical support team can assist you with the e-mail accounts as well as with the service books.

I hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

you might need to go to fido.blackberry.com and login and once your logged in, go to help then re-send service books.

hope this helps

Dablow
Who would be able to supply me with that username/password? I certainly don't know it, never recall signing up and it does not look like i can reset my password. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you would have created the account, if it does not work, just go on your phone to the e-mail settings icon,  accessing through your phone often does not need a username or password.

Dablow

It fails and I am assuming because it has no data connection.

Grrrrr.....Fido......

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey Dablow!

Have you tried to do a Host Routing Table? To do that, you would go under Options, Advanced options and Host routing table. Then, click on the Blackberry button and select Register Now.

@ Community: Do you have any other ideas?

Let us know how it goes Smiley

Dablow
Hi FidoJudhy, thank you for the suggestion. Tried it many times, unfortunately it did not help Sad