Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: FIDO APN settings for the Novatel MIFI7000

eliesk1
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi folks,

I have gotten a brand new, never used Bell MIFI7000 from a family member. This device is already sold unlocked (bylaw) since it was manufactured after Dec 2017 ruling. Its APN is configured to Bell (of course) since it was purchased last August from an authorized Bell dealer.

I recently purchased a tablet (data plan) from Fido and would like to utilize this Bell MIFI700 by changing its default Bell APN to Fido's APN.

***I know exactly where to change it on the device:

From the drop-down menu>Settings>Mobile>Network>Advanced Settings - that's where there are 3 fields to fill in - APN, Authentication, Username and Password - none of which I know what to type. I simply don't know what to type to them.

Originally the APN on the device was showing 'inet.bell.ca' and the other three fields were blank.

The agent at the Fido store could't help, nor customer service. Perhaps this awesome community could... 

You insight would be greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Eliesk1,

Welcome to the community!

You can view the Fido APN settings here. Since the device is LTE-capable, it should be using ltemobile.apn. The other fields can be left blank.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers