cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google pixel 2 XL - fast battery drainage??

Ysaabel21
I'm a participant level 2

I just got the pixel 2 XL a week ago and I've noticed that the battery drains quick. Even with the Data turned off and I barely use it, the battery still drains pretty fast. I don't know if the new update might be causing the problem but it's crazy how within two hours the battery goes from full charge to 80% with minimal usage. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?? 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoKenny

Hey @Ysaabel21

To confirm with you, you're on the Android Pie version right now?

Also, do you keep any apps open on your device?

@Community: Anyone else getting the same issue?

Ysaabel21

Yes I updated my phone as soon as I got it. And no I close all my apps after using it, I also turn off my data and only have it on when needed. 

Hey @Ysaabel21

There are a couple things you can try to help make sure you're getting the most out of your phone's battery. 

1- Manage your screen display: Adjusting your screen's brightness and letting it turn off sooner when you're not using the phone will help keep better battery life. You can also achieve this by turning off the Live Wallpapers too if you're using one. 

2- Other than closing the Apps, you can restrict background battery use by individual apps. In your battery settings.

3- You can conserve battery power by turning off the Personal HotSpots or Wi-Fi in general when you're not using it. 

If you try these steps and find that your battery is still draining faster than usual, I would recommend doing a factory reset on the phone and testing it that way for a little bit. 

You can do this by going through your settings and selecting > System >  Reset > Tap Factory Data Reset > Factory Reset. (It's important to make sure to back-up your content before doing this). 

I hope this helps. Smiley