cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 7.1.2 OTA

siamak__
I'm a contributor level 2

Has anyone received the Android 7.1.2 OTA on their Pixel/XL device?

**Edited to add labels**

121 REPLIES 121

big_biso
I'm a contributor level 1
I it seems that I am on that build NOF26W. That explains it now. But shouldn't Fido and or Google know about this and fix it instead of leaving is hanging like this.
I do know how to flash and sideload and thought those days are over that is why I got a pixel to get timely updates

ngga

ie. when they found that the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 was exploding, they made everyone to exchange their devices immediately. this issue with the Pixel is an easy case for an exchange and google can reflash all of them and sell them as refebs. they won't loose as much as the Note 7. I don't understand why this all has to be such an annoy cycle between carrier and google. I personally "Gabe" have a nexus 5x and it got May 1st yesterday. It is uncalled for to have a 2 year old device getting updates more relivant than a 6 month old device. Because of all of this i can almost garrenttee the Pixel 2 will already take a loss based on this first gen pixel experience.

ant1

I am also on that build. So what is the solution moving forward? 

Hello Fido?

ivaj
I'm a participant level 1

I too would like to know the solution.  You guys claim that 7.1.2 is out there, along with the May security update, however nobody here has gotten it.  I would really like to know what Fido is doing to resolve this issue.

dan6
Not sure if this will work but this is what I've done.

I've contacted google support and gave them a link to this thread as well as told them what build I am on. Maybe they will make a patch or something.

I'm sure if enough people contact them they will get the message. Tell them factory reset does not fix the problem.

I bought my phone right at release directly from Google but am on the NOF26W build so there are probably a lot of others who are on this build but just aren't aware of the phone update issue.

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to share/flag.

I just want to let you all know that we're looking into this, and I'll update this thread as soon as I have news.

Thanks,

Stephen

simszero

Thanks Stephen!

It looks like everyone on Fido with NOF26W Patch (Febuary Security Patch) seems to be having this problem.

it appears this was a Rogers specific build and since rogers has gone with the "generic" or carrier nutral N2G47E (7.1.2 with april patch) 

However the issue seems to have started in march for us FIDO users. Rogers users got build NOF27C (march 5th security patches) then N2G47E in April. Nothing has been available to FIDO users since NOF26W and I’m not finding any other users who are not with Fido having this issues.

Some additional information can be found here https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/phone-by-google/mQzp... On the google support forums.

At the moment the only work around is to manually side load the newest build (or anything newer then NOF26W and you device will then "see" the newer updates available

For reference N2G47O is the newest patch with May security updates and 7.1.2 which is what everyone would like to be on.

Thank you for looking into this, please keep us update as this is a big issue for many of us. the primary reason for owning a Pixel device is to get updates as soon as they are available. 

Cheers.

- To the user who suggested we bring out phones to Fido, I suspect most of us purchases these phones directly from Google (my case) so I don't think we would get much support, though if someone did get it directly from Fido i'd be interested to see their stance and if they would warranty the phone for you. (I suspect you will be told to keep waiting for an OTA update to come)

big_biso

I will try this procedure today that mentioned in this thread, and will let you know.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!msg/phone-by-google/mQzp...

PS. Now I know why Apple is so successful!

big_biso

I tried the procedure to side load as per the guid. took about 20 minutes and the phone was upgraded. after first reboot it detected that a new update is avalable and it is downloading it as we speak. This is confirming that te problem was the Rogers Specific build NOF26W

DmitryPinaev
I'm a participant level 2

How could you sideload without having to "fastboot oem unlock"?

AFAIK, if you "fastboot oem unlock", you lose everything on the phone and then you have to restore from backups.

big_biso

@DmitryPinaev, please check the URL to the guide on how to do it in the previous page (#6). it has step by step procedure. Did not do fastboot eom unlock. I did not unlock the bootloader. if you follow the procedure in the guide you will be able to sideload without loosing your data. and after I also received the May update via OTA

DmitryPinaev

@big_biso, got it, thanks! Sideloaded from NOF26W to NOF27C, after that immediately got a notification about the available update to 7.1.2.
Can only hope the same does not happen in the future... 😕
Thanks everyone!

Andro

Thank you a lot for your post,

I did exactlly like you, and I have now 7.1.2. (N2G47E)

Happy 

rtanglao

Me 3. I've been a Fido subscriber since 1998 and I have an unlocked Pixel XL bought directly from Google in the USA. Looks like one or more of Fido, Google messed up. Anyhow adb is my friend and I upgraded to April 2017, inserted my SIM and got the upgrade (finally! after 3 months of being stuck at Feb 2017) to May 2017 yesterday.

Full details:

http://rolandtanglao.com/2017/05/02/p1-fixed-fido-pixel-xl-stuck-feb2017-bug-by-manually-flashing-ap...

FidoStephen

Hey everyone,

I just want to add that if something were to happen with the sideloading of the OS, it would have the potential of voidiing the warranty.

We're actively investigating this and as I mentioned earlier, I'll update you guys as soon as I hear something!

ant1

What's the ETA on an answer/resolution. I'm tired of running an unsecure phone for 3 months. This should be top priority, as it seems to only be an issue with Fido. We have a solution (not an ideal one) but we are warned we may be  potentialy voiding our warranty fixing your issue...

ngga

to everyone with the updating problem, fido solutions on the online chat, twitter and client care are absolutely not helpful as well as google live chat. This problem could be resolved with warrenty in tact by going into fido to warrenty it. I brought my phone to the fido store yesterday and confronted them about the problem and they said they've just sent them off so google will reflash it. so take her in to fido and get it sent off.

simszero

Can you clarify, 

Did they give you a new Pixel as a warranty replacement, or are they just sending your Pixel to google and then returning it to you? if so, did they give you any kind of ETA on how long that process is?

If they are giving you a brand new warranty replacement that’s definitely the way to go for anyone who purchased the phone directly from Fido.

I suspect the majority of us purchased these directly from Google, so that won't be an option.

Hi @ant!

We hear you all loud and clear! We don't have an ETA share at this time and will keep you all posted once we have an update. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

HiroshimaCC
Another guy here stuck with 7.1.1 February update, NOF26W build. Waiting on my 7.1.2 update. Pixel XL bought from Fido.