cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google 3a xl problem

Olivier2015
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I bought a google 3a xl on Amazon.ca because i broke my fido one. I would've bought a fido one but they use purolator to deliver and 99% of the time you need to go pick it up very far away. With the whole pandemic going, i had no fate in it.
So just to make it short.
When i put my nano sim in it, it says contact verizon to know if the phone can be unlocked. It was already mentionned to be unlocked when i bought it from the actual Google seller. Everyone in the reviews are from Canada and everything seems fine with them.

I know this is a tricky question but is there anything i can do with this? Will it ever work here?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Olivier2015,

Welcome to the community!

Are you able to use your services (ie Talk, text, or data) even though that message appears? While the phone might be technically unlocked, Verizon is known to make things difficult for their devices to be used on other networks. Some of their older phones needed to be activated on their CDMA network prior to being able to be used off-network. In some other cases, they disabled access to certain bands/frequencies. More recently, they added an app to the firmware of some devices which displays SIM card is not from Verizon Wireless (see here). Is that the message you received? If it is, there might be a way to temporarily disable the message as shown in the YouTube video from the other post. If the message is different, it's possible they added a similar app with a different message to the firmware.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers