Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Volte/VoWifi to work on OnePlus 7 Pro

bjarrett
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello!

I have a Oneplus 7 pro. This is not a "Fido Supported Device". However, VoLTE and VoWiFi Does work!

I am able to get these features to work by first provisioning the service in a supported fido device (Tested w/ an Iphone and Pixel5) by inserting my Sim card and waiting for volte/vowifi to start working. Then by transfering the sim card back.

VoLTE and VoWiFi then works in the Oneplus 7 pro for approximately 10m. After which It appears Fido has deprovisioned these features and taken them away from me.

Is it possible someone at Fido could register my Oneplus 7 pro's IMEI as a Fido device, or as a Pixel5?

volte.PNGvowifi.PNG

Screenshot_20210124-162300.jpg

Please feel free to PM me directly if that's easier.

Thank you!

Blaise

5 REPLIES 5

bjarrett

Bumping this back up as its been a couple weeks. Is there anything Fido can do to help me?
Thanks!

Hey @bjarrett!

On our end, as it's a grey market device and not a Fido phone, we're unable to provision it for those services. We're not able to guarantee the VoLTE service on non-Fido phones and Wi-Fi calling is only available on Fido phones.

I do hope that clears it up. 

bjarrett

That's really dissaponting. I've been a Fido customer for over 10 years. This kind of policy feels very anti-consumer. To be intentionally limiting service availibility to non-fido devices. It's one thing to not provide support to devices Fido does not sell. I understand that. It's another thing entirely to intentionally limit service availibility to 3rd party devices.

I hope you guys re-evaluate these policies. Truely dissapointing.

I have filed a complaint.

bjarrett

Thanks Cawtau,

However that was not very helpful.
I would really love it if Tier 3 technicial who actually works for Fido took a look at this. That would be awesome.
Its clear these features are working on this device until Fido discovers its not a "Supported" device at which point they are taken away. This is proven by the fact that it works for 10 minutes after a sim card swap from a "Supported" device as shown in the screenshots in the OP.
All I am asking for is that you let me have it for longer than 10 minutes. Ideally permanently Smiley

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Bjarrett,

@bjarrett wrote:...Is it possible someone at Fido could register my Oneplus 7 pro's IMEI as a Fido device, or as a Pixel5?..

As mentioned in your other thread, Fido does not sell OnePlus devices. In addition, they also do not keep a whitelist of devices so they would not be able to register that phone as a Fido device.

The IMEI provides a certain amount of information about the device including brand and model of the device (see here). So no, they cannot register that device as a different brand or model.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers