cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S6 Nougat update? What's the deal?

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Telus releasing Android 7.1.1 for Galaxy S6 in a week. Not even a coming soon listing on Fidos OS upgrade schedule. What gives? Will we be waiting so many months longer it'll be irrelevant by the time we see it? We waited forever for Marshmallow now it appears it'll be a repeat performance from Fido. Does Fido assume customers don't want expedient upgrades to their OS? Or is this a backhanded attempt to push customers to purchase a newer device with the newest OS? Whatever it is it's extremely frustrating. Frankly I'm tempted to take my 3 phone accounts elsewhere. 

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Proac!

We definitely wouldn't want to see you go!

I can assure you that we're doing our best to make sure that software updates are released in a timely fashion.

As soon as we know when a new software update will be made available, you'll know, as it will be updated on our OS Upgrade Schedule. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@Proac wrote:

Telus releasing Android 7.1.1 for Galaxy S6 in a week....

Hello Proac,

Where did you see that information? According to their website, they list late April...

Cheers

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Mobile Syrup listed April 10th as the release date for the update to Nougat for the S6 on Telus. Frankly even if it's been delayed til later this month it's still well ahead of Fido who doesn't even have it as "coming soon" which with the Marshmallow update meant about 6 months. My phone will be a dinosaur before the update arrives. I had to side load 6.0 onto my phone because I was tired of waiting for Fido.