cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Nexus DOA. Phone restarting with inbound and outbound calls

lovelylaurie
I'm a participant level 3

I have gone to the kiosk and phoned technical support a few times with no solution and am not impressed that my DOA phone is still in my posession 3 weeks later.

Often when I start a call the screen goes black (not the stanby black) the I froze up and won't even let the caller hang up kind of black. Can't even shut off the phone when this happens or end a call.

More annoying yet is that 99% of my inbound calls freeze the phone as soon as I slide to the green pickup icon. It freezes for 5-15 seconds and does not connect the call but rather shuts down and restarts. EXTREMELY frustrating. I thought I was making a good move to Android and Fido but neither have provided ANY support on the issue or the phone.

I also have periods of 3-8 hours where I cannot send or receive any texts, calls, messages, emails or cannot get any kind of singal onto the phone and it is not a service area issue. And NO airplane mode is not on.

The phone and the service here are the worst I have yet to receive in the marketplace.

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

lovelylaurie

Oh and on a side note, nobody anywhere seems to have heard of this issue. My butt. I have found tonnes of people online that have had the same problem. With a $600 phone I am sorry I switched from Blackberry. It may have been slower, but definitely reliable.

Here is just one of the many lists of people with the issue and no solution...

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?can=2&start=0&num=100&q=&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%2...

Hey lovelylaurie!

Have you been able to get this matter resolved? Have you sent the phone in for repair?

Please let us know!