cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found Lost Phone - How to remove blacklisted phone with FiDO

JSAY
I'm a participant level 2

Almost two years ago, my wife forgot her cell phone abroad at my parent's cottage (We did not know where it was lost back than). We could not find her phone at that point and claimed as a lost once we are back to Canada. She paid around 226 cad dollar and received new phone from insurance company under FIDO plan. We recently found the phone now, and want to start using it but told that phone might be blacklisted. How can we remove the blacklist on this device ? Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3

thePoodleFarmer
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

Just a heads-up.

If you lost your phone and collected on insurance to compensate you for your loss, then you might find yourself on the wrong end of an insurance fraud if you were to re-activate the phone. The Insurer might have put it on a blacklist, and might be interested in anyone who attempts to un-blacklist it so they can recover THEIR property.

So your first step should be to contact the Insurer and let them know that the phone is recovered and see where they want to take it. They might even offer to sell it back to you for less than the claim settlement, to minimize their losses. 

I always look at the risks before reaching for the rewards.

🐩

JSAY
  • thank you for your reply. u can  always find smth that was lost.  we will contact  the insurance once the phone returned to us as it is 10000 km away at the moment. it is kind of old phone now but i am still willing to cover the cost of the phone based on current market value

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @JSAY,

The best course of action at the moment is to contact Brightstar to determine what the next step will be now that you found your phone.