cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For a 12 year old: which is better, Samsung Linx OR LG Neon or LG Xenon?

Raz
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Of course, texting will be very important, as is signal...

Thanks!

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@ Community - Anyone have a suggestion?

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3
I'd have to recommend the LG Xenon. It's a well designed device. Call quality and signal strength are excellent. It's got a full QWERTY keyboard for quick texting. The keyboard is a little tight for large handed individuals, but after using it for a while I got used to it. The phone has a touchscreen and I especially like when in the Messages app, you can easily swipe your thumb left and right to go from Inbox to Draft to Sent and so on. The phone can hold 200 messages total (150 in the phone and 50 on the sim card). Battery life for me was 3 full days of moderate use.

When deciding between those 3 phones myself, the LG Neon had weird 'bubble' keys on the keyboard that I didn't like. The phone felt cheap in general. Can't really comment on the Samung Linx, I just wasn't interested in it; I didn't like the small buttons and other minor things.

Hope this helps!

robertrazavi
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Thanks, we ended up with the Nokia C6 instead, I was worried about signal reception. It's much more expensive, but has very good built quality; except the screen, it looks very plasticky and prone to scratches - for a phone this expensive it is a shame. No wonder Nokia is loosing steam to Android.

The Symbian OS has its quirks, also, and can be very, very annoying.