Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido charges for a new phone before it arrives to me

konstantin7
I'm a participant level 2

I have ordered a new phone last week.

My new phone was shipped to me via Purolator. 

After a week, my parcel is still at the Purolator's Sorting Facility, because "they experience high volumes".

They don't know when they will deliver me the phone, and I could not come and get it neither, because they say it was not sorted yet.

So, Fido started to charge me for the phone when it was shipped, and I am paying for the product I don't own yet. 

Is there any solution to this? Can I get money back from Purolator, because of delays? Or, maybe Fido could credit me unused days?

What to do if Purolator will not deliver me my phone by the next days?

7 REPLIES 7

Saraht

they are so theft and fraud. They also did this to me, messed up my shipping label & delivery. Constantly trying to state it's still being delivered when puralator has already delivered it back to the warehouse. Now I'm screwed with no device and a line that was activated and no one is using it 

Hey @Saraht

I'll send you a PM so we can verify what's going on. 

konstantin7

I got my phone finally, in two weeks, instead of two days.

I was calling Purolator each and every day, and it was the same answer: Big Volumes, No time, Delays.

And that's right, still a bad idea to charge for service or device you don't have or use.

Hey @konstantin7

We're happy you got your phone. Thanks for your feedback. 

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @konstantin7,

Once the device has been shipped Fido will process the charges at that time, this is not just Fido any company you purchase from will charge when the item has been shipped.

Given the current situation, delivery delays are expected, unfortunately, at this point, you will have to wait for Purolator to deliver the device. If the delay gets closer to a week then I would suggest you contact Purolator and see if they can help you.

konstantin7

Yes, but Purolator just doesn't care.

They keep saying that it will be delivered when it will be sorted.

When I ask them how long I must wait, nobody knows.

I will wait until Monday, if nothing changes, I will switch to another company.

Hey @konstantin7,

I assure you this isn't the experience we want you to have with us or any of our third parties and we certainly wouldn't want to see you go! 

I'll send you a PM to look into this with you, talk soon!