cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido charged me the phone I already returned

mnwpk
I'm a participant level 2

I called Fido on expiry of my contract and did another contract by ordering IPhone 15 Promax. After couple of days I received phone that turned out to be a regular IPhone 15. I called Fido and the representative said that he will send the IPhone 15 Promax with a Purolator returned label for IPhone 15. I got the package and returned the IPhone 15. I tracked the returned package and confirmed that it was delivered at Fido Oakville facility. I discarded the tracking number as I considered it is useless as the phone was delivered to Fido. Now after couple of months Fido send me bill with returned phone charges of $2,045.97. I called Fido and was told that investigating team will look into that and the issue will be resolved within 7 business days. However, I was told that they can not do anything thing about the bill until the issue is resolved. My bill is on pre authorization and my credit card will be charged on September 9th. Should I stop pre authorization and do not pay the phone charges until the issue is resolved? I will see if Fido resolve the issue in seven business days, if not I will go to consumer protection to make a complaint. 

4 REPLIES 4

FidoLony

Hey @mnwpk,

That's definitely not how the return is supposed to go. That said, we always recommend to keep all tracking numbers as it's important to keep track of the package! That said, we do recommend to remove pre-authorized payments from your account if you want to avoid the payment going through. 

Otherwise, if this has yet to be resolved, please contact our care team here so we can ensure the return package is located and the charges can be reversed.

mnwpk

Thanks for your reply, I have pre authorization discount on my account. If I cancel it I will lose that, can I get back when I setup pre authorization once the issue is resolved? 

mnwpk

Also, if I lost the tracking number, Fido should have it as they are the issuer of that tracking number and it is associated with my account. 

Yes, the discount could be added back once you set up the Automatic Payment again. Please get in touch with us via these methods to get further assistance. 

Thanks.