cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido blacklisted my phone for non-payment

Tinker82
I'm a participant level 2

So In February I took out a new contract with Fido and got a refurbished phone on contract. Since the pandemic hit right after, I have been unable to  make any payments on the account. My phone has stopped working and only shows 4 dots where any signal should be. I contacted Fido and they said that my account t had been sent to collections. It's now September and i am back to school and getting paid soon. My question is: 

If I make the outstanding payment on my account now will they unblacklist my phone and restore my account it is it too late to use this device ever again?

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3

Tinker82

But Fido has blacklisted my phone for not paying my bills. I took the phone out on contract and have been unable to make any payments and the phone is blacklisted. I never reported it lost or stolen. I cannot pay the account off in full right now. 

Hello again,

How do you know that the phone is blacklisted versus your account being suspended?

If you are unable to make the payments, you'll have to discuss a payment arrangement with the Credit Operations department, as outlined above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Tinker82,

Welcome to the community!

You are referring to two different matters. Only a customer can request an IMEI to be blacklisted. If an account has defaulted, all costs are charged to the account (including the cost of phone). If the payments remain unpaid, the account would go into collections (see here). So in your case, it appears that your account has been suspended; however, your device should not have been blacklisted.

If you are unable to pay the full amount, you might consider contacting the credit operations department to make a payment arrangement. Paying the outstanding payment(s) should restore your services (see here). You should note that there is a restoral fee (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers