cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Prepaid sim card unable to register abroad to saudi arabian network "stc"

Muabber
I'm a participant level 3

My Fido Prepaid sim card unable to register abroad to saudi arabian network "stc". Or other network .i treid all manually too.
Fido people don not see any problem and they suggested i post it
Please advice .
Thank you much

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

FidoMatt
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We cannot guarantee services abroad since it is not our network. 

That being said, have you verified if your phone is compatible with the network where you are? 

Muabber
The phone is working and nothing wrong with it
The sim as i mentioned worked when i visited Saudi 6months ago . But after i changed the sim to prepaid it stoprd working
when i visited Saudi this time. Please do not throw your weak support and your lack of knowlage on other companies or somebodey else.
i insist that is a rippoff.to the balance i have in your possition now
Thank you

User3512
I'm helpful level 3
I'm helpful level 3

Muabber, can’t help you with your problem but I would advise you that in the future if you want reliable coverage overseas stick to the postpaid plan (SIM). When overseas with prepaid you do NOT get the same coverage as with postpaid. For almost 15 years I never had problems when traveling with the postpaid SIM, could switch to any operator in a specific country and got a signal as opposed to locals which were tied to the availability of a signal from their provider. Now the prepaid account that’s a different story, sometimes I got a signal, sometimes I was tied to a specific operator (the others rejected the network registration) and sometimes I couldn’t get onto any network. Now if you want to fight it that’s your privilege (I didn’t).

Also, you may want to take a better look at the situation before you get to the weak support and lack of knowledge conclusion. You tried other networks than stc but without luck. Guess what? In Saudi Arabia Fido postpaid works with 3 providers (stc, mobily, zain) while prepaid works only with one (stc). I’m no expert in how authentication is done around the world and on who’s network but common sense is telling me that while the problem could be with Fido it also could be with stc (had the very same thing happened to me a couples of years ago when my prepaid was dead in Italy).

If you really have a lot of time on your hands then try to get to level 2, 3 they are very knowledgeable but even they won’t be able to solve your problem without getting feedback from stc. Now in a perfect world that would be doable but getting back to reality, what do you think are the odds for this to happen on a prepaid account? I mean you call on a postpaid account and you get an option to press # for CSR. You call on a prepaid account and you get forwarded to a self served menu, no CSR.

BTW, I’ve been there and done that on the postpaid account, tracing SMS delivery to a network with whom Fido had agreement only to find out that the phone # was ported to another network operator and it wasn’t Fido’s responsibility but the original network operator responsibility to relay ... blah blah … Sometimes you win sometimes you lose.

Can’t comment on the ripoff/steal part that you are taking about because you shared your conclusion and not the facts.

FidoMatt
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Muabber, Prepaid and monthly are just 2 different billing methods but they should not affect the services. Do you get an error message when you try to place calls? Also, when is the last time you refilled your account? 

Muabber
I am really dissapointed in fido . They can not fix their sim card problem in addition i think it is another rippoff to steel my balance of almost a £90 dollares/prepaid . Beside appointing employments who dosn't know how to solve technical problem at all.they are just public relation for pla pla pla... Only.