cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use an iPhone 4 with prepaid?

Vintage_iPhone
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, I've been happily plugging along with my (unlocked) 1st gen iPhone on Fido Prepaid, but I'm finally feeling the need to upgrade. Is there any reason why I can't use an iPhone 4 (or newer) with Fido Prepaid? I have already blocked any data use, and I only surf and email with wifi.

Also, is Fido going to give me a hard time with changing my sim to a microsim?

Thanks.

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Fritz_007
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1
No problem to use an iPhone 4 with a Fido Prepaid Service! What's your concerns?

dugbert

Well Ive tried to do it online with an Iphone 4S, I can add the sim card to my basket but it keeps asking me to select a phone with the prepaid service, there is no option for my own phone.

Whats the problem???

Hi dugbert,

Give us a call, we'll be happy to activate the line for you! You can reach us at 1-888-945-3436.

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

@Vintage_iPhone wrote:

Hi, I've been happily plugging along with my (unlocked) 1st gen iPhone on Fido Prepaid, but I'm finally feeling the need to upgrade. Is there any reason why I can't use an iPhone 4 (or newer) with Fido Prepaid? I have already blocked any data use, and I only surf and email with wifi.

Also, is Fido going to give me a hard time with changing my sim to a microsim?

Thanks.

You are fine to use your iPhone 4 on prepaid. As for the microSIM, where are you buying the phone? Fido won't give you a hard time, but they might charge you $10 for the new SIM. If you are buying the phone from an Apple store, just ask them for a Fido SIM and they'll give it to you for free. Even if you are buying it second hand, Apple stores will often (not always) just give it to you if you ask.

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

And to move your line over to the new SIM, just call Fido once you have it and they'll move it for you. You can also do this online, but I am not certain that prepaid accounts have access to that on the My Account page. Either way, usually takes a couple minutes to process.