cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Mobile service Discontinuation

Abhishek_roys
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1
I called and informed one of your customer care executive that I would be leaving Canada permanently and would like to discontinue my number. He created a ticket for it. #I1570330796. Roaming service was turned off at that very moment and I was supposed to get a call next day to confirm my discontinuation. Now, I am in India and roaming is activated and I have received a mail that everyday 14$+ tax would be charged for roaming.
Would like to understand why such emails I am getting and why the number was not stopped properly?
My Fido number is +1-416-880-2484
1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Abhishek_roys,

Welcome to the community!

Since your issue is regarding your account, you would need to contact customer service so they can access your account to look into your situation. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

With regards to the roaming email you received, you should note that receiving that email (and/or text message) does not necessarily mean that you've incurred the roaming charge. The email informs you that should you use your services (ie make or receive calls, send text messages, or use data), that usage would incur the roaming charge. Since you've left Canada, you might also consider removing the Fido SIM(s) from your device(s). If the SIM is not present in the device, there would be no possibility for any usage to occur using the SIM.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers