Fido Long Time Customer (14 years)

I'm a Participant Level 2 Munshi
I'm a Participant Level 2

Fido Long Time Customer (14 years)

I'm writing this for first time in 14years to let all fido customer and management know that. After being many years customer I wasn't treated as loyal customer.

Those who in Fido for longer time please considering change. Fido all want is new customer they don't care for old customer. I had 2 cell phone plan which I just moved to another company with similar money with more.

If I didn't move I wouldn't know what I was paying to fido was waste. Some of the core area I was getting 2g connection if thee is no LTE/4g. and there wasn't any service in elevator and basement where I live.

With my new provider I don't get 2g connection at all plus I have service in basement and elevator.

After I left Winback team called me to offer deal with much not different basically offering in market plan with 20% discount and that is only for 2 years. it mean I will be paying sky high price after 2 years. their offer was even worst than Loyaly offer.

I have only Home Internet currently with Fido which will soon will be gone to my new provider.

This is feedback to company and customer to alerts.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4

Re: Fido Long Time Customer (14 years)

Hi @Munshi

We are sad to lose you after all these years Sad I am also sorry to read that you didn't feel appreciated as a loyal customer. We are always looking to improve our services and welcome any feedback that allow us to do so. 

That said, I'd like to send you a PM to further discuss your experience. 

We hope to talk to you soon!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm a Participant Level 2 Munshi
I'm a Participant Level 2

not sure if my feedback would help Fido. let me know what you want to know. I can tell onething my whole family was using Fido. After I Moved on my other family Member is on the move. there are about 6 more line with Fido which soon will be taken away from Fido.

Fido what I see is more like Freedom mobile which I wouldn't believe if I wasn't moved to competitor.

I guess you would like to know who is the new provider. Its Virgin Mobile.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
MVP
MVP

Hello Munshi,

Welcome to the community!

@Munshi wrote:..With my new provider I don't get 2g connection at all plus I have service in basement and elevator...

You're not getting 2G with your new provider because they do not operate a 2G network anymore. Even when they did (Bell network), their 2G network was CDMA-based and not GSM-based.

Many factors may influence cellular signal. Coverage depends, in part, on your location relative to the cellular towers. If you're located further from the Fido/Rogers cellular towers then their signal might not be able to penetrate into elevators and/or your basement. On the other hand, if you're closer to the other providers' cellular towers, their signal would be better able to penetrate deeper into buildings. You can get an idea of your area cellular towers here.

Does that mean your new provider is better? Not necessarily. They may be better for you given your situation. However, no provider will suit everyone's needs in all locations. People need to figure out which provider is better for them, given their own set of circumstances.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4