cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Europe roaming

Avenger324
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am travelling to England, France, and Germany this fall and want to know what I should do to ensure that I can still maintain contact with the kids/grandkids. Does it work just like it does when I go to the US, I get an email/text saying welcome you will charged $15 a day and you can still use all you texting etc.... any advise? 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Avenger324,

Welcome to the community!

If you are familiar with roaming with Fido in the US, then travelling in Europe would be rather similar. One consideration would be that the bands and frequencies used in Europe are different from those used in North America. You would need to verify your device is compatible with the local networks over there. There are various sites online with which to do so (see here, here,.. etc). You might consider verifying the bands and frequencies in all of the destinations of your trip.

Since you are travelling overseas, it is worth noting that the Fido Roam fees apply per calendar day until 11:59:59 pm Eastern Time (ET), regardless of which time zone you are roaming in.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers