cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail not properly synching

devonw
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi, I've been using my BB curve 8900 for awhile now and have never had any issues with receiving/deleting/sending on my hotmail account (I have the e-mail and data plan).  I even have a gmail account that works perfectly fine.  Just recently I was out of town and turned my phone off for a couple of days.  When I got back and turned my phone back on, I noticed that when I was deleting e-mails from the internet (hotmail), the e-mails would not be be deleted on my BB.  However, if I were to delete e-mails from my BB, they would get deleted from hotmail online.

I've tried a hard battery pull, removing my e-mail address from BIS and readding it, confirmed "wireless reconcile" is on, confirmed "on conflicts mailbox wins", did a "reconcile now", and resent service books from online and through my phone, etc. etc.

I've noticed that gmail works fine as I have all 3 service books.  Hotmail on the otherhand is missing the crucial one that I believe will solve the synchronization problem.  I'm currently missing name@hotmail.com [SYNC].  Between the 2 e-mail accounts, that's the only difference in the settings. 

I've searched for a solution elsewhere and have been unsuccessful so far.  If anybody can help me get back the service book, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
when you delete them from your handset, be sure to choose "ON HANDSET" When the prompt shows up.

if your prompt is not showing up, then you need to figure out how to get it back... it is probaly set to "mailbox and handset" so when you delete them from bb, it delets it from mailbox too, which is not what you want.

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

@ Community:

Has anyone experienced such a situation before? How did you fix it?