cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't ReceiveText Message from Select Individuals

TP_82
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

A couple years ago I all of a sudden stopped receiving text messages from one of my contacts.  We had been texting back and forth with no problem and then all of a sudden I stopped getting messages from that contact.  They still received my messages and there wasn’t any interruption of text messages from any other contacts.  I just figured it was a glitch and an annoyance I would have to deal with.

Just recently this happened again to another contact.  Out of the blue after texting this person for months I am no longer get their messages, but they still get mine.

They both happen to be Telus customers so I don't know if that has any bearing on it.  Has anyone ever experienced this bizarre issue?  Is it my phone or theirs?

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi TP_82,

I have seen this before. Since they are with Telus, there may be a communication issue between our two networks in the switch (especially if they are still running cdma phones, but can also happen if not). My first suggestion would be to contact our technical support team. They can then communicate with network support and verify the status of the messages that hadn't been received by you.

I'd ask that you call from a phone other than your Fido phone as they will want to troubleshoot with you. They can be reached by dialing 1-888-481-3436.

Let us know how it goes!