cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery reports & SMS issues

Danield
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello I just ported my number to Fido from another carrier and sent a text msg to a few ppl in Canada and other countries, but I'm not receiving any delivery reports. I have a brand new unlocked Nokia phone purchased abroad, similar to Nokia C6 offered by Fido, so there is absolutely no issue with my phone. Also before I ported my number I had several friends abroad send SMS to a friend using fido who received their texts. At the moment I have no idea if they are receiving my SMS, and I can't tell if they sent me a message. My question: would a ported number behave differently than a native fido number, when it comes sending/receiving texts from abroad? And second, what's up with the delivery report issues? Thanx for any feedback.

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
just because they dont receive a delivery notice does not mean its not going through, it might work but because different message standards around the world, delivery reports are best effort service and not guarenteed

Danield
Thanx. Ya, perhaps u're right. It just seems to be the norm that Canadian carries tend to...not conform to int'l standards...coz I've never had this issue anywhere else in the world.