cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead Pixel on S8 Plus

MIlagan
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1
Is anyone experiencing a dead pixel on your S8 plus screen? This type of manufacturers defect should be replaced with a brand new unit irregardless if it is still under the 15 days guarantee period or not, instead of having it sent out and open up for repair. This is getting frustrating when all I see is that "dot" everytime I will use the brand new unit I upgraded with.
1 REPLY 1

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @MIlagan,  

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sad to see you're having complications with your new phone. Here's what you should know about device warranties: 

The warranty is covered through the manufacturer directly, and they take care of repairing any manufacturer defect within 12 months from the purchase date.

This warranty is valid as long as the phone hasn't had any physical or liquid damage. To help simplify things we offer the Repair & Loaner program where you can take your phone into one of the participating Fido stores and they'll send it for repair for you. You can find which stores in your area that provide this service by checking out our store locator right here.