cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage isn't correct.

devonpatel
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi last month I complained that my data usage had never reset for the month of May. My text messages and call usages had reset but my data just continued on. Now yesterday my data usage was suppose to reset for this months billing cycle and I was completely shocked. I checked online to see if everything was alright and I noticed that 5.49 GBs out of my 6 GB limit was used up on the first day. That makes no sense to me what so ever, because of what happened in May I decided to turn off my cellular data including the 3G. So where did this 5.49 GBs come from? Has anyone else experienced issues with their data plan not reseting? I've talked to three people already about this issue and they've all told me the same thing. To wait a week because the usage meter takes a while to show an accurate number. I've done that last month and nothing happened. I'm 100% sure that my phone isn't using data because I turned it off. If you experienced something similar I'd like to hear about it.

Thanks! 

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hello devonpatel,

The representatives you have contacted are correct: the usage shown online is not updated right after your cycle ends. It is updated 2 to 6 days following the end of your billing cycle.

If ever it is not, I would like to invite you, once your invoice is out, to take a look at it and contact our customer service so that they can look at it with you if there are any charges that should not be there.

It is really important to note that the usage on your invoice is the right one while the one online, even though it is accurate most of the time, is only an approximation.

Please let us know how it goes!