cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering upgrading, but not sure which device.

SlightlyCrazed
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi all,

I have had an iphone 4 for over 3 years now. It's reception is poor (I can't call in my house despite the coverage map) and it's texting isn't great either (It either gets/sends texts late or it can send to more than one person by mistake). I'm considering one of 2 things:

1) Changing providers and moving to a new network with a new phone (more expensive)

2) Upgrading my phone and hope that helps. (might not solve networking but much less expensive)

If I do either, I have no idea what phone to go to. I love the iphones metal body and simple visual voicemail. On the other hand the same apps are more expensive than on others and adobe and apple still hate each other. I don't want a note 2 giant screen or it's hungry battery guzzler attitude, and would like something that feels not so delicate as most thin plastic phones do. What do I do?

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Kayla_Fido
I'm experienced level 2
I'm experienced level 2

Hello!

This post is quite old but i would just like to add that changing handset may or may not improoved servince in the home since as per Fido terms we do not guarantee indoor service.

Since the handset was old the antenea may be used and so a new handset would fix that issue and or a simple sim card change can do the same.

Hope this helps!

FidoAmandaH
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi SlightlyCrazed,

You can also take a look at the Nexus 5, you get a great phone for a decent price. You can verify if it’s better to purchase it on contract or directly at Google Play Store (comes unlocked). The specs on the device are quite amazing compared to other devices and the prices.

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger.

andyalex
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

If you have invested in paid apps with the iPhone, it would be better to stick with them.

Galaxy S3 are nice phones.  I have used all the Nexus lines and if you don't need the latest and the greatest, the Nexus 4 is actually pretty good, Kit Kat 4.4 update is being rolled out to it so shouldn't be an issue. 

The only thing with Android is that you will need to make a bit of changes on the phone configuration (i.e. screen brightness, google now, location services, etc) so the battery will last longer.  I'm not sure if the same thing is needed for iPhone as I have never used one.