Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused whether the promotional credit is for how

Shawnspencer
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

442C242B-30D4-464F-A0EA-97CFA9AF8045.jpeg

 i was wondering weathers or not the credit for payment promotion apply to all bills for next month or not

8 REPLIES 8

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Shawnspencer,

Welcome to the community!

from the screenshot, you provided it appears you did a hardware upgrade and you are receiving two credits one for the plan which will expire in 15 months and the other is a promotional credit for the device which is being applied as a bill credit. The device promotional credit will be applied every month until the device has been paid off.

When you get a promotion/credit for the device the cost or monthly payments for the device never changes instead a credit is applied to the invoice in the form of a bill credit which will offset the payment amount of the device on a monthly basis until it is paid off, if you decide to cancel the agreement then you will lose the credit and you will have to pay off the full remaining balance of the device.

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

The last paragraph may not necessarily be true. Per subsection B(1)(k) of the Wireless Code, a contract must disclose any fees and charges for amending or changing your plan. If your previous contract and new contract make no mention of the credit expiring or the cost of the phone being expected in full, then the Code says it must be interpreted in your favour (that is, the credit continues). All this information must be disclosed to you upfront, Fido cannot claim that it's explained on your subsequent bill.

Hello,

You had previously made some juvenile remark (post now since deleted) as to why you claim I was no longer replying to your posts. What I said, though, was that I was not going to reply to your posts because you did not appear to appreciate my input. However, while you still might not appreciate my input, inaccurate information requires clarification.

You should note that since Fido has switched from their subsidised plans to their Payment Program, plans are no longer contractual. If a customer has a contract, it only applies to the device financing only. You can view here for a sample of the actual agreement form.

As explained by KAPABLE-K above (and in the other post to which you replied here), monthy financing fee does not actually change. The Payment Program Agreement clearly states that customers must the repay the total outstanding device payment program balance, if cancelled. The credit in question is for the Payment Program promotion. It is applied to the account/line and only applies with a Payment Program Agreement. If the Payment Program is ended prematurely, so does that promotional credit.

@BobC83 wrote:

....All this information must be disclosed to you upfront, Fido cannot claim that it's explained on your subsequent bill.

Wireless Code.jpg

~taken from The Wireless Code (section D).

Although Fido services are no longer contractual, mobile providers were able to make changes to contracts provided they give customers adequate notification.

Aside: Fido does provide links to both the Wireless Code and the Internet code in their Footer on practically every webpage. As well, the Terms & Conditions can also be found in the Footer. In addition, Fido also provides their own page regarding the Wireless Code.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

I'm still being censored, am I? Amusing, but unsurprising. Thank you for alerting me so I have the evidence as I escalate my complaint.

And for clarity, the fact that I disagree with your analysis and ethics does not mean that I don't appreciate your input, even if it previously had glaring inaccuracies. The namecalling accomplishes nothing.

As I said before (assuming that post hasn't also been deleted), we have to agree to disagree. Fortunately, it really doesn't matter how either of us interpret the Wireless Code, since the CRTC's ruling is all that matters. I just want consumers to know where they can find their rights and enforce them, rather than being shamed for trusting Fido.

Hello again,

@BobC83 wrote:

...The namecalling accomplishes nothing...

????

I don't think you are being censored. However, if some of your posts were deleted, it's likely they violated the Community's Terms of Use or Guidelines.

Yes, customers have rights. However, they also have responsibilities.

Cheers

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

The mod read the riot act to me, fear not. What's telling and concerning is that the "guidelines" are being arbitrarily enforced. What's even worse is that I can't appeal decisions and even this post will be removed for disclosing the actions of a moderator or contents of a DM. How's that for fairness and transparency?

You say that I made "some juvenile remark" which is unbecoming of a senior MVP and an independent contractor for Fido. I've reported it and I expect my complaint to be dismissed. Insulting contributors is definitely against the terms of use and guidelines, but I don't expect fair or consistent application of them.

The fact that only three contributors have "risen" to the ranks of MVP I think is also telling of the "community" that Fido is trying to create.

Again, just my opinion, but I wonder in how many minutes my post will be removed for violating the TOS. Should we start a pool?

Maybe sometime in the future we can be friends and have a good laugh over a pint. I'd love to know what you were gossiping about me in your secret MVP board. I bet some real knee slappers are being said about me.

Hello again,

@BobC83 wrote:

...You say that I made "some juvenile remark"...

Claiming I chose to not reply to your posts because I was upset, that's a juvenile remark. I only referred to a comment you actually made.

Fair enough, though, if the moderators deem my post to be inappropriate, I would appreciate it if they would delete my post as well.

Cheers

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Then I owe you an apology. You seemed upset in your post but, since non-verbal communication is over 90% of the message, I clearly misread your tone and social cues. I sincerely apologise and stand corrected.

I hope that helps Very_Happy

CheersVery_Happy 

(sorry about the emoticons. The editor isn't letting me delete them. they aren't meant to be sarcastic)