Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint Regarding Fido Branch on Robson Street

TarlanZafarnia
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Dear Fido Customer Service,

I am writing to express my deep disappointment and frustration with the service I received at the Fido branch located on Robson Street in Vancouver. As a loyal customer since September 2022, I was referred to Fido by a friend who has been with your company for over 8 years. However, my recent experience has left me questioning my decision to remain a Fido customer.

Approximately two months ago, I visited the Robson Street branch to register a new account for my husband. During this visit, a sales associate, an Asian gentleman whose name I unfortunately do not recall, informed me about a new plan for newcomers. He explained that if I added the new phone number to my existing account as a second line, I would be eligible for a discount. Furthermore, he assured me that Fido would waive the setup service fee, which amounted to $50, and that this fee would be reimbursed to my bank account after two months.

Naturally, I was attracted to this plan because of the offer to waive the activation fee. Two months later, my husband and I returned to the branch to inquire about the refunded money we were promised. To our dismay, the same sales representative who sold us the plan seemed unresponsive and disinterested. Moreover, he attempted to leave the store two hours before closing time without addressing our concerns adequately. He simply mentioned that the $50 setup fee would be returned to my bank account.

Last week, I visited the branch again after three months of activating the account. To my astonishment, the sales associate claimed that we had never had a conversation about waiving the activation fee. He insisted that I should have retained the handwritten papers he provided during the initial registration process. This denial of our previous discussions left me deeply hurt and frustrated, especially since my husband and a friend who were present can testify to the promises made by the branch representative.

As a newcomer to Canada, Fido has been my first phone carrier, and I had hoped for a positive experience. However, the behavior displayed by this particular branch and sales representative has been far from satisfactory. It is disheartening to witness the stark contrast between the promises made during the sales process and the lack of accountability shown afterward. This incident has led me to consider switching to other phone companies, such as Telus, which offer better options and more respectful customer service.

I kindly request your immediate attention to this matter and a thorough investigation into the behavior of your customer service representative at the Robson Street branch. Such actions are not in line with the respectful and professional standards that I, as an employee of Sephora, am accustomed to in my day-to-day job. I genuinely hope that this complaint will be taken seriously and that appropriate measures will be taken to address this issue.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I trust that Fido will take the necessary steps to rectify this situation and restore my faith in the company.

Yours sincerely,
Tarlan Zafarnia

2 REPLIES 2

FidoValerie

Hey @TarlanZafarnia Smiley

Sorry to hear about this, it doesn't sound at all like the type of service we aim to provide!

Feel free to reach out to customer service at your convience to discuss your options or share feedback, as they can forward your comments to the appropriate store manager. 

They'll be happy to look into this with you. 

Good morning @TarlanZafarnia , so sorry to hear that you had that experience. As this is a community forum of fido clients,  I can provide you with that link to report your experience. Here is a page for support options. If you scroll down the page you'll see Report a concern. I suggest that you submit your experience to that page for further investigation. I hope you find resolve. Regards