cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant access 4g

ant1n0
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, I just brought a new phone. on the spec sheet it says it support 4g band 7,which is the band that fido 4g needed, the complete supported bands are in the picture. However, I can only access 3g with this phone, I just wonder what could be the problem? Thank

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 12.32.48 PM.png

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ant1n0,

Welcome to the community!

Judging by those specifications, that phone has all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G'. With regards to LTE, you are correct in that it only has one compatible band/frequency. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. While the phone should be able to access the LTE networks, coverage depends on the bands/frequencies available on your surrounding cellular towers. Not all bands/frequencies are available at every cellular tower. You can get an idea of your area cellular towers here.

In addition, you should note that the different frequencies have different characteristics. The higher frequencies (ie 2600MHz or band 7) do not travel as far, nor can they penetrate materials as well as the lower frequencies (ie 700MHz).

That said, have you verified your phone is using the proper APN? Since the phone is LTE-capable, it should be using ltemobile.apn. You can verify those settings here.

Additionally, have you tried to enable roaming data on your phone? Some phones purchased from elsewhere might think they are roaming even though they use a local SIM.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers