cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send text messages but can receive

mrschultz
I'm a participant level 2

I had an iphone 4 and could send and receive text messages without a problem.  I sold the iphone and switched to an android (big mistake I know), then sold the android and bought another iphone 4.  I can receive text messages, but cannot send text messages!  and this was the same on my andoid phone.  I recently found that if I input the "subject" field in the text, then enter a message, it works fine! but I always need to add a subject every single time I send a text, even though there's already a conversation with myself and the other person.

this is frustrating and I have no idea why this happens!  someone please help.

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2
Are you sure you aren't sending MMS? text messages don't have a subject line afaik.

mrschultz

yes, very sure i'm not sending mms.  If you check in "message" settings it will give you an option on turning the subject field on or off.

Fortunately, I found the solution for my texting problem!

All I had to do was change the SMS MESSAGE CENTER NUMBER to +15149931123, previously it was set to my cell number.  Once that was changed, worked fine! and this will fix the visual voice mail option as well.

see below:

To check your message centre number

• On your Phone app, go to keypad and type in *#5005*7672# and Call
  • Message number is displayed

If the SMS message centre number is incorrect (does not show +15149931123), you can change it by doing the following:

• PostPaid Number -> *#5005*7672*+15149931123#

And there you have it!