cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t activate SIM card

Troyzerboy
I'm a participant level 3

I have recently lost my wallet and my phone my wallet had my drivers license, ID, Birth certificate, Bank card, so far I have been able to get back my bank card. but everything Is gone now I have boughten a new SIM card for Fido and I also bought a new phone I have tried updating SIM card but it's asking for my old SIM card number which I don't have I tried calling fido headquarters there saying I won't be able to update my services to work with the new SIM card without the last 4 digits of my old SIM card number which you know I can't do the guy on the phone told me that I should be able to take my passport to fido store and they can use that to identify me but the problem is is that that passport is really expired and has a different address on it then the one that's on file on fido.ca/myaccount but I told him that it's expired and whatnot and he told me it didn't matter and that it will work is this true or was he just trying to get me out of your guys hair cause I think I had activated a SIM card over the phone before without my old SIM card number I just can't do it online cause I don't have my old SIM card number which is stupid why would I need my old SIM card number to activate a new SIM card who would have there old SIM card number written down for this cause I know I wouldn't but please help me get my new SIM card activated or lead me on a direction where I can activate my new SIM card to my account and have it working without ID thanks. 

Troy G.
2 REPLIES 2

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @Troyzeroy,

I understand how this can be inconvenient though it is strict policy that we update your SIM card in store if you don't have your old SIM card numbers. Identification is required as well. There isn't another option unfortunately. 

Troyzerboy

I tried bringing my Birth certificate, Passport, I've tried answering security qestions nothing will make them update my SIM card to my new one I just purchased even tho it was a breeze before call I had to do was call them and answer a few security questions and boom my new SIM card was ready to go but for some reason it's such an issue to activate a SIM card these days I even brought my passport and birth certificate can somebody please help 

Troy G.