Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not connect to WiFi

MK514
I'm a participant level 2

Hello, 

I upgladed my phone from LG G3 to LG G6 thin Q today and I tried to connect to my home WiFi ( Telus1200H )when I got home. 

I put correct password to my new phone, but it keep saying " Incorrect password, try again ".

I restarted both my router and phone, but I never could fix this problem.

I thought maybe I have mistake for the password and wanted to try with other phone, so I discconect my old phone ( G3, which was still connected to home wifi when I got home ) and now this has same problem too.

I checked so many times, so the password is really correct.

I contacted to FIDO by Live chat, and the agent said I shoudl " Forget " the my home WiFi, but there is no option to forget it. When I choose home WiFi network, they just ask me the password and Cancel or Connect.

I even reset the network, but it didn't work either.

Last time I changed my phone from SONY to G3 2 years ago, I did not have this problem.

I googled as much as I could, but I still need help and if some one couled help me for this,

I really appriciate.

I also can not see my both Phone ( G3 and G6 ) IP addresses, it says " Unavailable ".

Thank you so much in advance and sorry for my poor English.

3 REPLIES 3

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

try different devices, like laptop, or tablet, if connects then it is the current device problem, just google 'clear cache' on the mobile, and reboot, good to go

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @MK514

Welcome to the community Smiley

You've said :

so I discconect my old phone ( G3, which was still connected to home wifi when I got home ) and now this has same problem too.

In this case, we suggest that you contact the technical support team of your current home internet service provider. Based on the description you've provided so far, your password is incorrect, which would explain why it keeps saying "Incorrect password, try again". They would be able to assist you with that.

Let us know how it goes.

MK514

Hello  ,

Thank you very much for all of your helpSmiley

Now everything is working!!!  

Thank you so much againVery_Happy