Can I unlock a Fido Contract device by myslef?

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Can I unlock a Fido Contract device by myslef?

I bought Fido contract phone, a year back from a Fido store. Is it Ok if I unlock the device by myself while in contract or do I need to go to a Fido store. If I unlock by myself does it violate the agreement?

***Edited to add Labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I unlock a Fido Contract device by myslef?

@joash_9292 You can get it from Fido see here or you can find a third party cellphone unlocker and do it through them. The upside of doing through Fido is that you will get full support.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted

@joash_9292 Sure you can unlock the phone yourself, but if you encounter any problems with any Fido features you could be denied support. 

Honestly i've unlocked all my cell phones I ever had and never had any issues.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted

Do you know how to find the unlock code for LG G3 fido?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Solution

@joash_9292 You can get it from Fido see here or you can find a third party cellphone unlocker and do it through them. The upside of doing through Fido is that you will get full support.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

E-bay is your cheapest option, you will probably get the code within a few hours after ordering 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@ravedave2 wrote:

E-bay is your cheapest option, you will probably get the code within a few hours after ordering 

Hello,

I would be a little wary of trying to get codes from eBay, Craigslist, Kijiji, etc. I'm not saying the posters offering that service on those sites are not legitimate. Just do your research.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
I'm Helpful Level 2
I'm Helpful Level 2

i wouldn't trust Craiglist of Kijiji but if you are unlocking your phone online, you will have to send your Imei to someone and on ebay at leat you have the protection of ebay and paypal

Of course don't pick a seller who has a 50% rating but that goes for everything ..

There's also cellunlocker.net i used many times but often they are slower and more expensive than ebay (in my experience)

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7