cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightstar is a scam

Sahibkhinda
I'm a participant level 2

I just lost my iphone and when contacting their team for a new device, they asked me for three documents. When submitted they had me pay $400 for the new device and after getting the payment, they asked for extra proofs. I have been calling them that I can't provide a utility bill because I did not ever have to pay for electricity and stuff since it's all on my friend's name. I could not find a utility bill which barely proves anything.

Have already provided 5 documents and still no approval.

If you are not providing any service, why put it in the contract.

6 REPLIES 6

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Sahibkhinda

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sad to read you're having trouble with your Brightstar claim.  I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at this.

Talk to you soon Smiley

Sahibkhinda

Literally zero help. Thank you Fido

Hey @Sahibkhinda,

Thanks for getting back to us. We've confirmed with you that Brightstar can use one of the following options as a proof of address: 

• Internet/cable bill, home phone bill
  • Home security bill
  • Lease agreement
  • Mortgage agreement/property tax bill
  • Home owners and renters insurance
  • Official school transcript plus school ID
  • Student visa/study permit
  • Certified class schedule with student ID
  • Vehicle registration or insurance document
  • Work permit

Were you able to provide them with one of these documents? Let us know so we can follow up from where we left off.

Sahibkhinda

I have submitted car insurance documents already. They are asking for more and more docs which I can't provide.

KB-24

I'm having this exact same issue with this fraudulent company. I keep providing more and more documents and they either deny them or ask for more and more documents that I don't have. My service request ended up being denied and so far they are refusing to reopen it, and nobody is taking accountabilty...

Fido, you need to go with a better device protection company because it's clear from all the threads and complaints against Brightstar that they are not a customer friendly company...

Thanks for clarifying.

Can you reply to our last PM, we'll continue there!