Glazman
I'm a participant level 1

20210704_174026.jpg

20210704_174042.jpg

20210704_174107.jpg

20210704_174123.jpg

20210704_174156.jpg

 lost my phone more than a week ago,  called fido to block my Sim card and ask about the replacement phone because I have paid $14 per month during the last year.  Though it would be somehow taken out of my insurance, but no they say $425 for the "new" Samsung s10( the phone that I had before)

So I bought it through the brightstar,  and then I realized that I can buy it online for the same price and in sealed package!!!

brightstar, I didn't pay you to get the phone which looks like it was in someone's hands before or was refurbished! Especially for the price of the brand new product!! 

Got it without the original box with noname charger and without earphones. 

Too cheap Fido

3 REPLIES 3

Nidhi24

Brightstar is such a fraud I had insurance with them for my phone I lost it they send me refurbished device I told them on very first day I don't have a great feeling with this phone within 15 days they have to replace screen within 2 months Face ID stopped working asked them to replace now they are asking me to pay deductible even though it's their fault by sending me a wrong device. Such a big scam I would suggest to go with some other device protection. 

Hello @Nidhi24,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sad to hear you didn't have a good experience with our device protection. If you need help with anything feel free to reach through these methods and we'll be happy to help. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Glazman,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you lost your phone. It's unfortunate that you did not understand the Device Protection. With any type of insurance, there is some sort of deductible. With the device protection, the deductible is in the form of a repair or replacement processing fee (see here). Those fees should have also been provided in the documentation provided to you when you purchased the device protection.

As far as I am aware, the MSRP for that phone was $1259.99 (see here) which makes it a Tier 5 device. The replacement processing fee for a phone of that tier is $400 plus taxes. You didn't purchase a new device from Brightstar, you paid the replacement processing fee for a device replacement.

In addition, their Terms and Conditions clearly state:

Replacement equipment will be new, remanufactured, or refurbished, in their sole discretion.

From what you note, Brightstar is not a SCAM. One could argue whether the device protection is worth purchasing, however, they replaced your device according to their outlined service arrangement.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers