Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked messages

Jaystee2020
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I am wondering if Fido stores blocked text messages? The message was never received to my iphone but would Fido have the message from a blocked contact?

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jaystee2020,

Welcome to the community!

Since you have an iPhone, are you referring to text messages (ie SMS or MMS) or iMessages? Unfortunately, the mobile providers do not keep a record of text messages. When text messages are sent, they are only on the servers until they are delivered to the recipients. In the event the text messages are undeliverable, they are automatically deleted from the servers after a specific period of time. If you had blocked a contact, those messages would have been considered undeliverable to your device. It's likely the messages would have already been deleted from the servers.

On the other hand, if you are referring to iMessages, you would need to contact Apple to see what their policy is on storing iMessages.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Good morning @Jaystee2020 , are you asking if Fido has blocked messages to your phone? They wouldn't do that, you can check in your phone settings if perhaps you inadvertently blocked someone's number and didn't realize it. I'm not an expert on iOS,  but in Android, if you open your messages and go to settings there's a blocked numbers heading and if you look in there it will show you what's blocked from coming to your device. IPhone should have a similar setting. I hope that sheds some light on the issue for you, cheers