Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blckberry user - questions

avic
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

I would like to know the following:

1) my Fido plan inclused only BBM and social networking, i was wondering if the used of BB world app is included or not. i would like to make updates for FB let's say, which i know "would" include the social networking part..

2) i had the BB 8520 in which i could easily turn off the Fido network in order to use the home wifi, for example. now with BB 9300, i cannot do that, why is that or how can i change the setting in order to use the wifi. i looked it up on the internet bb forums etc, i found nothing clear and straight forward. Please help!

Thanks

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Dirks
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

as for if you can use app world I do not know. but if you want to shut off the data on your 9300 Go to manage connections scroll down to Mobile Network options, and there you have the option to turn off data

Anonymous
Not applicable

if its not a phone sold by fido, you may be missing the service books that fido sends to your phone to enable this feature.  Fido only tests it with their branded phones they sell, lots of other phones that are unlocked from other carriers are not sometihng they would test becaues to get the manufacturer to make updates for a phone not sold on their network are nearly impossible too.  hope this helps