cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry Curve Picture message problem

jayvr6
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi i just got a black berry curve. the one without gps. i have had people send me picture msgs from regular phones. and everytime i go to *retrieve now* a window pops up saying recieving msg and then goes away and nothing happens. it still says ***Not Retrieved Yet**.. ive tried taking out the battery.. taking out the sim.. shutting off the phone and turning it back on.. nothing is working. please help

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

FidoJean
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi jayvr6,

There are a few curves that fit in that category. 8300, 8320, 8520 are a few of them, knowing specifically which model you have will help us.

Provided you have MMS enabled on your account, your device software needs to be version 4.5 minimum (which includes the required service books) OR have a full data plan (which automatically pushes the required service books).

If you meet the above criteria MMS should be working, if not another cause may be your sim card. A good test would be to try to send or receive an MMS using a friend's sim card (One that has a blackberry data plan and can send MMS). That will help narrow down the cause.

Anonymous
Not applicable
FidoJean, you forgot one more thing, for blackberry, it is recommended to also have the device IMEI updated on the account for the mms access point to work in some cases, so if the op were to call fido and give the proper imei, then yea it may also help.