cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android/Unable to setup email

maniatisa1970
I'm a participant level 2

My blackberry toast and I inherited an Android.  It's a Sony Ericsson X10.  I'm having issues setting up email. Each time I try to setup my email it doesn't get past the Incoming servers setup.  Even when I manually setup , i get this message,"setup could not finish. unable to open connection to server." I tried setting up my gmail account, even through the app on the phone i get the same message.  i did call Fido and they moved my data plan from BB to android. i can't even log into twitter or facebook.  This is fustrating.  Any suggestion?

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

maniatisa1970

i even did the factory reset on the phone and same thing.

Hi there maniatisa1970, 

It seems to me that your X10 doesn't have the proper internet settings. 

This Post shoud help, 

Hello everyone!

Although this thread is quite old, I'd like to add a little update since I came across it .

I notice the link in Stephane's reply directing you to the post with the info does not provide the information anymore this should be the solution for maniatisa1970 post.

So here it is:

How to configure an Android device
Android is available on many devices and different versions exist in the market. Some of the names and information or settings below may vary depending on the device you have. This guide was made to provide instructions on as many devices and versions of the Android OS as possible starting from Android version 2.0.
Tap on Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names;
Once on the APN screen, press the Options button on the device;
Tap on New APN
Enter a name into the APN Name field.
Please insert the following APN settings:
APN Settings:
APN: Fido-core-appl1.apn
If you have a LTE device, use the following setting: LTEMOBILE.APN
MMS (Picture & Video Messaging Settings):
MMSC: http://mms.fido.ca
MMS Proxy: 205.151.11.13
MMS Port: 80
Leave the following fields blank: Proxy, Port, User Name, Password, Server
Press the Options button on your device, tap on Save in order to save the APN settings.
Restart the phone and try browsing the Internet.
NOTE: The created APN will show up on the APNs screen. To activate the APN, tap on the radio button located in front of APN.

Hope this helps !