Android P for Huawei p20 pro

I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Android P for Huawei p20 pro

Global rollout began a few days ago and Fido lists Dec 19th as the rollout date but still no OTA update on my P20 Pro. Has anyone actually received the update yet? I'm getting impatient

Thanks Mike 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 135
I'm a Contributor Level 2 azdoune
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Re: Android P for Huawei p20 pro

01-29 still no update.... 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 106 of 135
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Still waiting here too. Huawei Canada is of no help. Suggested I try HiSuite to update but of course that didn’t work.Fido and Hauwei roll out the same tired response. We’re really sorry but please be patient it’ll arrive soon. I’m getting really tired of that word soon. Huawei ought to be making this update freely available for every user who wishes not to wait for what others have had for weeks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 107 of 135
I'm a Participant Level 2 krup
I'm a Participant Level 2

Finally Recieved OTA update 9.0 Android p on my p20 pro Today Morning.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 108 of 135
I'm a Contributor Level 2 ryadav

Most of the Android P features are missing except the UI.

Almost limited menu options, no change of themes (no download).

No adaptive battery feature

No app actions

No adaptive brightness (i dont think this works)

No accessibility menu

No indoor navigation

No lockdown mode

No multi-Bluetooth paring because the device is not Bluetooth 5

No HTTPS feature

Issues having the screens missing (blank screens)

No multicamera support, No Window down mode

No WIFI mac randomization

So basically the update simple OS UI update nothing more than that

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 109 of 135

Cheaters HAUWEI and this would be my last phone from them...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 110 of 135

What's your opinion on the update?

What you see and what you miss, please update.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 111 of 135
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Got the update yesterday morning but it took me all this time just to be able to login.

Something is wrong with the fido website, everytime i would click on "reply" it forces me to my accounts page showing my account balance. Anyhow enough frustration on this.

They made a change to the Notepad app and it frustrates me.

i use it for my shopping list as i'm shopping i would click the checkmark and it would strikeout my word

They took that out, my existing lists that have the checkmarks still work but i am unable to add new ones.

They added a "to-do list" at the bottom which would theoretically be the same thing with checkmarks but it is not intuitive as you can't edit the word if you make a typo, etc.  Grrr so much frustration.

The 1 good thing i enjoy about the update is the volume control where i can click on mute or buzz only which is cool.  I also love the dolby Atmos (unsure if it was there before?).

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 112 of 135
I'm a Participant Level 3 gippy2009
I'm a Participant Level 3

Hi android p emui 9 is ok, so don't panic if you have not recieved the update yet. Hi vision and hitouch features are disabled for Canada. No themes available to download. May be little batter battery life with P.  Hopefully Huawei brings extra stuff for Canada too.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 113 of 135

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei Support UK.

We understand you would like to unlock the bootloader code for your device. 

In response to your enquiry, we would like to inform you that the unlock code application service has ended, as of July 25th, 2018, to ensure user experience and safety. Moreover, unlocking the bootloader of a device voids the warranty and it wasn’t recommended since it was the source of multiple software issues due to unauthorized software modifications.

Huawei used to provide users with corresponding unlock codes to meet personalized requirements due to the usage of different ROMs, which is an extra service and does not belong to consumers' rights. 

However, due to possible problems caused by unlocking your device (such as system built-in function failure, device freezing, and power consumption increase) we will no longer provide the code.

Should you have any other issues or questions, feel free to contact us at any time.

Best regards,
Bianca

Huawei Support - Customer Care

READ WHAT IS IN BOLD. 

Boycott Chinese ...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 114 of 135
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

You're so right because Huawei freely handed out the bootloader codes  But it gets better you realize that FunkyHuawei will gladly sell you that code for a hefty fee. Frankly I think Huawei owns that website and figures its an easy way to get more money from their customers. I'm actually tempted to rebrand my device to a country where updates are prompt and the software you get isn't crippled like they give us. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 115 of 135
Highlighted

*#06# - IMEI Number
*#*#0000#*#* - About Phone
*#*#2846579#*#* - Project Menu (among other things it shows the SIM lock status under Network Information)
*#*#1357946#*#* - Product code and Serial number
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 116 of 135
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Feb 3rd still no sign of any update. I've gotten past the point of even expecting the **bleep** thing to arrive. I guess Huawei and Fido forgot about my device. It's apparently well hidden amongst the lucky IMEIs to receive the update,some as far back as 7 WEEKS AGO !!!!!!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 117 of 135
I'm a Contributor Level 1 why1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi @ryadav 

When I checked Project Menu, do you know what is it mean in "Simlock_Deactive".

Thanks,

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 118 of 135
MVP
MVP

@why1 wrote:

Hi @ryadav 

When I checked Project Menu, do you know what is it mean in "Simlock_Deactive".

Thanks,

Hello Why1,

Short answer is that if your device shows Simlock_Deactive, then your device is unlocked.

There are two definitions of SIM lock circulating, which can make things a little confusing. One of them refers to locking a device to a certain network and the other added protection to prevent unauthorised usage of a device.

With the first definition, the manufacturers place a semi-universal security software lock on the SIM card slot that guides the phone with what SIM card is going to be used (see here and here). I believe it is this definition which relates to the Simlock_Deactive shown on your device (see here). If it showed Simlock_Active, then your phone would be locked.

On the other hand, SIM lock has also been referred to a security feature on devices. Most mobile phones offer the feature of PIN protection. After switching on the phone, if the PIN security function is active, the user is required to enter a 4-8 digit PIN to enable the phone's non-emergency calling functions. If the wrong PIN is entered more than three times, either the SIM card, the device, or both become locked (see here). 

Hope this helps :Smiley:

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 119 of 135
I'm a Contributor Level 2 azdoune

02-05 still no update.. what a shame!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 120 of 135