I'm a contributor level 3

Rollout starts from Dec 19 but havent got any way to download OTA

14 REPLIES 14

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @ryadav,

Welcome to the Community!

This is a staged rollout, meaning the update will be pushed in batches from December 19 to January 14.

ryadav

Did not get, is it province wise??

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @ryadav!

The rollout is done in batches, you'll get it some time between December 19 to January 14.

Hope that helps! Smiley

ryadav

could you please define what is your meaning with batches? 

A. Rolling out first 10 customers, followed by next 10 and so on

B. Roll according to alphabet or province

C. Roll according to postal code

D. Roll and laugh on ground

Dont make us laugh esp thinking that we are idiots...

Hey @ryadav!

This is actually done is by serial number. The update is pushed out to customers over the course of a few days, in order, depending on the serial number of their device.

A specific range of IMEIs is opened up and the update is then pushed to those devices. Then the next range is opened up and so on and so forth.

Hope that clarifies everything for you!

ryadav

You should reveal the block size of this release. I am curious to know how many people have P20 pro across Canada.

Hey there @ryadav

Sadly we don't have access to this specific information, so I'll toss this one out to the community. 

As for the release of the update, as you know it is done in batches and pushed to customers in order depending on the serial number of their device. Sit tight! Your turn will come. Smiley 

ryadav

Two more days to go and still no update notification

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Ryadav I've given up hope of getting this update OTA from Fido so I'm taking matters into my own hands. Don't know if you noticed but the update window for the P20 has passed and users didn't get their update either..

I'm going to use an alternative method to get the update. If it works (it will) I'll post instructions on how it's done 

Mike 

BrunoM
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi

if the user specifically press UPDATE button I feel it should be downloaded to the user. I do understand that you do not want "force" roll out at large but please give us the ability to individually update if we want.

Thanks

FidoStephen

For updates, please refer to this thread.

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Anyone actually received this OTA update?? Bueller ? 

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Been a week since this rollout began  Has anyone actually received this update? I've heard some anecdotal evidence that a Rogers customer received it but sometimes people aren't always truthful. I've seen nothing online about Fido rolling out Android Pie either 

Mike 

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

A Google search shows supposed methods that include the Android Pie firmware but I'm a little leery about trying this.