cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A simple Fido plan for the SIM that goes in car trackers

EdwardJohnallen
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

After having our car stolen we are looking at installing a tracker into our replacement and  a number of the tracking devices require a SIM so it can send location data back to the user on thier app.

I see that Rogers has a simple $10pm 100mb plan, (see: https://www.rogers.com/mobility/mobile-internet) but as I'm already a Fido cutomer I wondered if Fido had a similar offer but I can't find one!

Thanks in advance dor any assistance with this.

Edward.

Edward John Allen
1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello EdwardJohnallen,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear your vehicle was stolen. Had you verified the device is compatible with the networks? For any device to work on the networks, the device would need to use compatible bands or frequencies. You can view the compatible bands/frequencies here.

In addition, many trackers and non-phone or non-tablet devices might require special IoT or machine-to-machine (M2M) SIM cards. Does your device requre a M2M SIM card? I could be mistaken, but I don't think Fido offers a M2M or IoT SIM card or services.

If your device does use a regular SIM, Fido does offer some data-only (Data & Text) plans (see here). You should note the Rogers data options you mentioned are For Rocket hubs, Hotspots and Rocket Sticks only. They may not work in other devices. Similarly, Fido's Tablet plan is only for use in tablets. On the other hand, Fido's Data & Text plans should be usable in other devices (provided the device does not require M2M or IoT SIM).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers