cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when is 5G coming to Fido

brodybowyer
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I just bought an i phone 12 with a 2 year contract and I am just patiently waiting for them to relase 5G i mean its been almost a year since Rogers released their 5G network so you think it would be coming soon for Fido? Back in 2011 Rogers released their LTE network in July 2011 and Fido released it a year later in July 2012 so im just curious if 5G will possibly be on Fido networks before the new year, becuase i am patiently waiting for this.

• 5G
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @brodybowyer , it seems everyone is eager for 5g networks right now. Rogers being a premium provider and the parent company of Fido rolled out to their customers as soon as they finished the installation of the technology. It isn't known yet if we will get 5g in the near future. As Fido doesn't announce what may be in the works, it could come in the next year or 5 years down the road. The offerings are what distinguish the premium carriers from the tier 2 carriers. 

pwingert
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I can guarantee that Fido will have 5G in 2030 as that is when 4G is officially deprecated and 5G must replace the 4G service according to the standardization group responsible to cellular G standards. Here is a link to a very dated article. No, 5G isn't going to make your 4G LTE phone obsolete (cnet.com)