cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

victim of phone fraud

lady1123
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

2 weeks ago i received an email from "Fido" stating that my newly purchased device was getting ready to ship. At first i thought it was just spam email but decided to check with Fido as i noticed the address was local and close to me. Fido assured me that my account was secure, and even implemented more security questions and pin so no one could make changes to my account. The next day i received an email from Purolator with a tracking number for the phone that was to be delivered to the same address on the Fido email. I once again called Fido and urged them to freeze my account, put in a fraud claim, do something to ensure that whoever got this new phone would not be able to activate it under my account. They once again assured me that my account was secure and i would not be charged for any fraudulent activity. WELLL. today i received the confirmation of account changes package in the mail with all the details of the new phone i never purchased. I now have the name of the person, their address, the serial number of the phone, their new phone number that is attached to my account as an "added line" and still i can't get Fido to give me an answer or provide me with a solution. I have been with Fido for over 10 years, i have never had any issues, or bill discrepencies until now. I have never had anyone added to my account EVER. i'm not sure how this person was able to "add a line" through my account number, buy a new phone and put it on a 2 year contract without my knowledge or authorization!!. PLEASE HELP.

1 REPLY 1

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @lady1123,

Welcome to the community!

Even if the order was placed fraudulently, once it is confirmed it while most probably shipped. The fraud case is placed in order for these charges to be corrected. Once it has been treated, you won't have anything to worry about.

If you want to speak to us, you can contact us using these methods

-FidoAnthonyZ