cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very weak to no signal in half moon bay -barrhaven, Ottawa

ASinno
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

i am moving to a new house and fido's service in that area is very weak and sometimes even disconnects.

Near Russet Terrace and River mist road. do you plan on improving the service in this area or should i consider moving to another provider with stronger service?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello ASinno,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, there do not appear to be very many cellular towers in that area.

Barrhaven.jpg

~taken from here.

While there does appear to be a closer Telus tower, they seem to have relatively fewer cellular towers in the area (including Bell towers since they share) so coverage in other areas might be weaker.

Is that area a new development? You might consider contacting your local municipality to inform them of the need for better cellular coverage in the area. In most cases, mobile providers do not unilaterally decide to add cellular towers at a location. If there is sufficient need in the area, municipality might request a proposal from the mobile providers for additional cellular towers.

Is your phone supported for Wifi-calling? If it is, that may be an option at your new house.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers