cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the wrong message from 89001,

beckyzb
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Received message from 89001 "Hi, it’s Fido! As of 11:59pm ET yesterday, you have incurred $67 of long-distance charges for calls to the United States, for the mobile number 416-827-8858." I never make any long distance call? try to cal number 1888048103436, it goes to auto reply said with send message, but never received,  can't find a good way to contact fido ,really make me  frustrated, anyone can call back?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Beckyzb,

Welcome to the community!

It appears as though that message from 89001 might indeed be from Fido (see here). Apparently, they introduced a new system for notifying customers about pay-per-use charges. I understand you might not have intended on making long-distance calls, however, is it possible you were not aware some phone numbers were from the US? Canadian and US phone numbers look identical and the only way to differentiate them is their area codes (see here). For example, if someone with a US mobile number is in Canada, it might not be readily apparent their phone number would be considered long-distance.

You should note this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you would like to discuss those charges, you would need to contact customer service. I understand you have already attempted to contact them using that number. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers