cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roaming

jm1109
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

hi im currently our of the country specifically in asia as per checking Philippines do have roaming service i have a travel package roaming on my account been here for 2 weeks i need to make a call to canada i havent recieved the roaming text confirmation how would i know i wont get charge pay per use?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jm1109,

Welcome to the community!

What do you mean by you have travel package roaming? Do you have a monthly plan or are you service pre-paid? If you have a monthly plan which includes talk minutes, you're likely already enrolled with Fido Roam. Any usage of your services (make/receive calls, send messages, and/or use data) will trigger a Fido Roam session (24 hours). For the Philippines, the cost would be $12 per day (see here).

You should have received the Welcome Abroad roaming text message when your phone connected to the foreign network. Has your phone already connected to the networks? Have you verified that your phone is compatible with the networks in the the Philippines?

Is your phone capable of Wifi-calling? If it is, you should note that certain usage would also be considered roaming. That said, making calls back to a Canadian phone number via Wifi-calling would not incur roaming charges.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers