cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

requirements for lte Hotspot plan

KellyS
I'm a contributor level 1

I currently have an lte tablet but will need a new one soon. Can I get the  $15 per month 2 GB plan for an LTE Hotspot ( which I will purchase outright) if I have a talk and text plan for my phone or do I need to have a plan with data on my phone?

9 REPLIES 9

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

data sim plans is for each device only, tablet one sim, mobile phone one sim. two data plans.

KellyS

Yes I realize that. I was simply asking if I needed to have a cell phone plan with data to be eligible to use a fido mobile Hotspot for my tablet. That was answered previously.

FidoFrancois
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @KellyS Congrats on posting your first post on the Community! Smiley 

To answer your question, you'll need a plan with data with your phone to be able to activate a data-only plan for your hotspot! 

You can contact us here or alternatively we can send you a PM to have a look at your options. 

Cheers! 

KellyS

Thanks for the answer although I'm disappointed with it. I switched from a prepaid plan to my current plan because I understood that was what was required to get a hotspot, when I asked this before there was no mention that I had to have data on my phone also! What were the other options you mentioned?

Hey @KellyS

I would like to clarify what you are looking to do exactly here.

You are looking to get a new line with a data only plan for your new tablet?

Or you are looking to simply buy a tablet full price without a plan and use one of your existing lines as a hot spot?

Let me know.

KellyS

Hi: that's not it. I have a data only plan for my Samsung tablet but good lte (celllular) tablets are not too numerous (so not much choice)  and quite expensive. I was hoping to buy an lte Hotspot and get a new WiFi only tablet in the near future even though I would go from 3gb for $15 down to 2gb for the same amount.

I hope that clears things up.

Thanks for your time guys!!

Thank you very much for the clarification @KellyS

One of the requirements to have a data-only plan added to your account is to have data with your cellular plan. Afterwards, you'll be able to activate a data-only plan for your LTE Hotspot. Smiley 

You can contact us here to change your plan and activate the data-only plan. 

KellyS

Thanks for the information. I am a loyal fido customer, your prices are good and so is the service.I was going to buy an lte mobile hotspot and activate it even though I would get less data per month, but I'm not willing to pay for data on my phone ( which is expensive) that I don't need, and get fewer GB to use so I guess I give my money to samsung. Thanks for the help.šŸ˜Š.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for your loyalty @KellyS , we appreciate your feedback!